It’s simple to add ICE (In Case of Emergency) data on your phone. This allows for others to access emergency contact and important medical information from your phone’s lock screen. In an emergency this information can be retrieved without allowing access to your phone’s other information.
Method 1 (iPhone):
- Get Started Under Medical ID or chose to Review Medical ID Access
- You can then enter you data of birth, add a photo, list medical conditions, allergies, medications, and emergency contacts
To view your medical contact information from the iPhone’s lock screen you will see an Emergency option on the left side. When tapped, this will display your Medical ID information.
iPhone users can set up a Medical ID using the built-in Health app. These are the steps you need to follow:
- Open the Health app and select the Medical ID
- If prompted, tap Create Medical ID. Otherwise, tap Edit.
- Enter any information you want to be available to an emergency responder.
- Make sure Show When Locked is turned on. This will allow your Medical ID information to be accessed from your iPhone’s lock screen.
- At the bottom of the Medical ID screen is a section for selecting emergency contacts. These will need to be people who are already in your phone’s contacts list. After you select a contact, the Health app will ask the person’s relation to you.
Method 2 (Android):
There are a couple of ways to set up ICE contact information on an Android phone. First, you can add your info to the emergency information feature:
- Tap User & Accounts, then Emergency Information.
- To enter medical information, tap Edit information (you may have to tap Info first, depending on the version).
- There’s a separate section where you can enter emergency contacts. To do this, tap Add Contact to add a person from your contacts list.
Once you have set this up, anyone can find your ICE information by swiping up on the lock screen and tapping Emergency, then Emergency information.
Another option is to add your ICE info directly to the lock screen. Android lets you put any message you want on your lock screen:
- Start by opening
- Tap Security & Location.
- Next to Screen Lock, tap
- Tap Lock Screen Message.
- Enter the information you want displayed, such as your primary emergency contact and any medical conditions, and tap