Sometimes, apps use more data than you might think. Whether it be automatically loading photos, or refreshing in the background, there are many ways you might not realize your data is being used. To see which apps are using the most data, use the following steps:
For iPhone (iOS 7 and above)
- Open the settings app
- Select Cellular (or Mobile)
- When you scroll down, you will see a list of apps and how much data they use (since you last reset your usage stats)
- Continue scrolling and you will see a "System Services" option. Here you will see how much data is being used on Messaging Services, Notifications, Siri, Software Updates, etc.
- You can reset these statistics at the bottom of the menu.
- Use this information to determine which apps you should use less or which you should limit yourself to only using while connected to WiFi.
For Andriod Phones (Android 4.0 and above)
- Open Settings
- Tap Data Usage
- Here, you can see your current cycle's data usage.
- Scroll down to see a list of apps and how much data they have used during the current cycle.
It is important to note that these stats may not always match your Twigby account exactly due to system delay, but they will still give you a general idea of which apps are using the most data.
Additionally, you can read more about how to get the most out of your data plan on the Twigby blog!