The Alcatel Cinch is a perfect starter phone for your child or tween because of it’s small size and simple Parental Controls. It gives parents control over their child’s phone calls and text messaging. Here are some of the options available:
With this option OFF, the phone can make and receive calls to/from any number.
With this option ON, Cinch gives the parent two different options for the call restrictions: allowed numbers and all contacts.
- Allowed Numbers – this setting will let the parent select numbers from the phone’s contact list that are able to call the phone. Additionally, the phone can only make calls to these designated numbers (and 911).
- All Contacts – this setting will let any number programed into the phone’s contact list call the phone, and the phone can make a call to any of these numbers (and 911).
With this option OFF, the phone can send and receive text messages to/from any number.
With this option ON, the phone cannot send text messages. It can still receive text messages from any number.
Location/GPS on the Alcatel Cinch is for emergency service tracking only (police department, first responders, etc). The Location/GPS built in the Alcatel Cinch cannot be used for parents to track the location of their child.
With this option OFF, the phone cannot be located remotely.
With this option ON, the phone can be located using triangulation. This is only used by authorities and cannot be accessed by Twigby or other third parties.
Please follow these steps to turn on your Alcatel Cinch’s Parental Controls:
- Go to the Menu
- Select Settings (this is a gear icon)
- Select Parental Controls (option 8)
- The default setting will be “Off.” To turn it on, simply click “OK” and then select “On.”
- You will be asked to enter a 4-digit code. This can be whatever you choose. This is how the parental controls are changed or turned off, so select something you will remember.
- You will be asked to enter the code again to confirm it.
- Then, you will be taken back to the Parental Controls menu.
- Select Restrictions (option 3)
- A message will appear about parental controls. Simply click “Continue.”
- You will be presented with the four parental control options of Voice Calls, Messaging(texts), Web, and Force Location On.
- Select the option you would like to change and then use the “OK” button to select the desired setting.
- If you are choosing the “Allowed Numbers” option in the Call Controls, simply use the “OK” button to select each contact who is allowed, and you will see a check mark appear by their name. Then click “Done.”