Can you BYOD?
You know you need better cell phone service, one that doesn’t bind you to a contract or charge you for services you don’t need. The idea of consistently saving money also appeals to you, but you aren’t ready to give up your current phone. To find our if your phone is compatible, enter your MEID or IMEI. It only takes a second! Please note that if your phone is locked by your previous provider, it will need to be unlocked before it can be used with Twigby service.
Is your phone compatible?
What is your phone’s MEID or IMEI number? It is your Mobile Equipment Identifier or International Mobile Equipment Identifier and it is for a wireless system to identify your phone. Some older phones use the ESN (electronic serial number) instead of an MEID/IMEI. At Twigby, we can activate your phone whether it uses an MEID/IMEI or an ESN.
Finding Your MEID/IMEI
- Dial *#06#
- Dial *#06# on your phone
- The MEID or IMEI number will appear on the screen
- In your phone’s “Settings"
Menus can vary, but here are some of the most common ways to access your number:
- Android: Go to Settings > More > About Device > Status – use IMEI or MEID DEC or HEX
- Alternate Android: Go to Settings > About > Device Info – Use IMEI or MEID DEC or HEX
- iPhone: Go to Settings > General > About > MEID
- Check the box
- Many phones list the MEID or IMEI or DEC or HEX on the side of the box with a sticker.
- Check under the battery
- Remove the battery and locate the MEID inside the battery compartment.*
- It may also be labeled as DEC or HEX; you can use either one.
*Some phones may not have removable batteries.
Which kinds of phones are compatible in general?
Twigby allows you to bring your Sprint compatible phone when you sign up for our flexible service. Sprint compatible phones also include phones from Boost, Virgin, or many other Sprint MVNO partner companies. For a list of compatible phones click here or check your phone's MEID/IMEI here.
Twigby uses multiple networks, giving our customers access to quality connections, while removing the high costs. It turns out you really can have it all…a phone you love and a cell phone company that helps you save every month.