Life is unpredictable and messy. These days some of us have our phones handy to document every moment. Unfortunately, that means that our cell phones tend to get a little battered. Here are ten ways to protect your cell phone.
Things To Do
- Get a good case and a screen protector too – There are lots of different cases to choose from, but if you are rough on your phone, invest in something ruggedized.
- Be aware of pockets (when standing or sitting) – We put things in our pockets to keep them safe. It seems like a good idea. And it is…until we change positions.
- Pay attention when walking and texting – We’ve done it, you’ve done it…walking and texting can make the most graceful person into a bumbling idiot. Keep your eyes on what is in front of you.
- Watch the temperature – Cell phones are sensitive to extremes in temperature, so don’t expose your phone to the brutal heat or the mind-numbing cold.
- Beware of water – Whether it be a bathroom, a lake trip or the ocean, your phone isn’t meant to take a swim. Use extra precaution around bodies of water.
- Make a place for your phone to live when it isn’t in use – Find or make a place for your phone to be when you aren’t using it, whether at home, work or in the car.
- Watch your cables – Raise your hand if you’ve ever tripped over a charger cable and loosened the connection or damaged your phone. You don’t have to raise your hand, just follow #6 and make sure the place you pick to store your cell phone is close to an electrical outlet.
- Pay attention to heights – Physics is stubborn. The further your phone has to fall…the more damage you can expect.
- Keep away from pets and curious kids – If life itself is messy, life with kids and animals is a full-on disaster. Most times they mean no harm, but a broken cell phone is a broken cell phone…no matter how it got that way.
- Keep it clean – We’ve read that your cell phone likely has more germs than a toilet seat and if that isn’t motivation enough for you to clean your cell phone regularly, then we don’t know what to tell you. When you do decide to give your phone a scrub, you can’t just use soap. Items needed include: lint free microfiber cloth, cotton swabs, distilled water and rubbing alcohol. This article lays out step by step instructions on how to safely clean your smartphone.
Things Not To Do
- Be in a hurry – You are far more likely to do dumb things when you are in a rush. Slow down and do one thing at a time. Yes, it is hard, but not impossible.
- Be oblivious to your surroundings – There are approximately 80,000 things that are always competing for your attention and it easy to get distracted. For the safety of yourself and your phone, take note of what kind of environment you are in and what is happening.
- Be lazy – Take the extra steps necessary to keep your phone hygienic and in a safe spot.
- Miss this funny article: 50 Ways to Break Your Cell Phone
Too Late to Protect Your Phone?
Maybe you didn’t read this post in time and your phone is already broken. No worries! Visit us to see all the great deals on cell phones from Twigby wireless. We can help you save money on your new phone and quality wireless service with no contract. Whatever phone you have, make sure to keep it safe.