Everything you need to know about Twigby's Overage Protection
With Twigby’s Overage Protection, you can prevent overage charges! With Overage Protection ON, you can rest easy in knowing that you will never exceed the limits of your calling plan. If you turn Overage Protection OFF, you are simply charged the difference of the next highest plan. You have complete control and best of all – Twigby provides this service for free!
Example of Overage Protection – Voice
Let's say you select the 300 minute voice plan for $9 per month and you use 300 minutes:
- With Overage Protection On: Your voice service will be temporarily suspended until the first day of the next bill cycle.
- With Overage Protection Off: When you use all the minutes at your current level, you will automatically move to the next highest minute plan and be charged the difference of the two plans.
Note: Regardless of Overage Protection being on or off, you will continue to have unlimited texting for free!
Example of Overage Protection – Data
Let's say you select the 200 MB data plan for $3 per month and you use 200 megabytes:
- With Overage Protection On: You will have unlimited data (throttled at 64 Kbps) for the remainder of the bill cycle.
- With Overage Protection Off: When you use all the data at your current level, you will automatically move to the next highest data plan and be charged the difference of the two plans.
How to Turn Overage Protection On or Off
- Log into your Twigby account here
- Go to the Account Settings page.
- Scroll down to Line Settings and select the line you wish to make changes to from the drop-down menu.
- If you wish to change your voice plan, click on the Talk/Text Plan header. If you wish to change your data plan, click on the Data Plan header. After making your selection, you will be sent to the plans option page.
- Select whether your wish to build your own plan or select a Smartphone Value Plan.
- Now, simply update your plan by making your selection, choose to have Overage Protection on or off, and then select when you want to make the change effective.
- Save your changes by selecting "Continue".
When activating service with Twigby, you are automatically subscribed to receive notifications regarding account activity such as your plan usage. We will notify you via text and email if you use 50% of the plan you chose and again if you use all of it.
If you exceed the limits of your plan and you have Overage Protection Off, you will be moved to the next highest plan. We will continue to notify you after you moved up in plans when 50% and 100% of data is used again.