We recommend using our phone compatibility tool before porting your number or canceling your account with your current service provider.
Sprint, Boost and Virgin Mobile Phones
- Just about any phone from these carriers should be ready to go with Twigby.
- You'll need to make sure the phone is not on an account with an outstanding balance or has remaining time left on a contract.
- If you have an iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6, iPhone 6+, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, Nexus 6p, Nexus 6, Nexus 5x or Nexus 5, it should work with Twigby.
- These phones do not need to be unlocked.
- If you have an iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6, iPhone 6+, Nexus 6p, Nexus 6, Nexus 5x or Nexus 5, it should work with Twigby.
- You can start the process of getting your AT&T phone unlocked here.
- If you have an iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6, iPhone 6+, Nexus 6p, Nexus 6, or Nexus 5x, it should work with Twigby.
- These phones must be unlocked by T-Mobile.
Other Compatibility Criteria
Unlocked Phones from Apple
Most Apple phones since (and including) the iPhone 5c and 5s are fully compatible. Earlier models have varying levels of compatibility with Twigby and in those cases you'll want to check using our phone compatibility tool.
Phones from Big Box Stores and Other Retailers
If you purchase a phone at Best Buy, Walmart or some other retailer, it's probably made to run on one of the major networks. Refer to the major carrier list above for compatibility and unlocking information. If the phone isn't from one of the carriers listed above or you are not sure, use our phone compatibility tool to check.
Phone from Third-Party Carrier (MVNOs)
If you're using a phone activated with an MVNO, refer to the corresponding major carrier above for compatibility information. If you're not sure of the major carrier, please use our phone compatibility tool. If the phone needs to be unlocked, you'll need to contact your MVNO directly.
Feature or Non-Smart Phones
The carrier information above still applies and our compatibility checker will tell you even more. However, some feature phones have data settings that are hard coded and cannot be updated to make them fully compatible. In these situations, the phone will only be capable of voice calls and text messages.
Some phones have been modified by their original carrier to hide or disallow certain settings, even after the phone has been unlocked. Therefore, all features and services on these phones may not be fully functional. Some customers choose to successfully modify the ROM (Read Only Memory) of the phones to restore functionality, but because of the risks of modifying your phone, we are unable to provide assistance with rooting or alternative ROMs.