Activating your Windows phone with Twigby is typically a very simple task. Here are a few short steps to follow to get set up:
Option #1: Windows phone activation
- Open the dialer
- Dial ##72786#
- In the “Service Tools: menu, tap “SCRTN”
- Tap “OK” and the phone will reboot and go through Hands-Free Activation
If hands-free activation is not successful, proceed to update the phone's profile.
Option #2: Profile update
- From the home screen, swipe left to access apps and “Settings”
- Scroll to and select “Settings”
- Tap “Network profile update”
- Tap “Update profile”
- When update is complete, tap “Done”
Once your phone restarts, 3G/LTE data, voice, and text messaging should be enabled. Please confirm by calling another phone to verify the call is successfully connected.
If the two options above did not work, we recommend performing a factory reset. This is relatively easy, but it will remove all data from you phone so we recommend backing up the phone to your computer, SD card or a cloud-based service first. Start with the Software reset and then move on to the Hardware reset if needed.
Option #3: Software factory reset
To run a factory reset on your Windows phone from the phone's software, follow the steps below:
- Go to “Settings”
- Click “About”
- Reset your phone
- Press “Yes” to confirm
- Then “Yes” to confirm again
Option #4: Hardware factory reset
To reset a Windows phone from the hardware, follow these directions:
- From power off, while pressing the “Volume Down” key, press and hold the “Power” button.
- When the manufacturer or Windows logo appears, release only the “Power” key.
- Once the exclamation mark appears, release the ”Volume Down” key and press the following keys, in order:
- “Volume Up”
- “Volume Down”
- “Volume Down”
After the manufacturer or Windows logo appears, the phone will display two turning gears as it resets. The handset will then completely reset and restart. The phone should go into Hands-free activation mode, but if it doesn't, follow the steps above to update the profile.