We make it easy for you to check your phone’s compatibility with Twigby service. If you are planning to purchase or use a phone that was not purchasing directly from Twigby, you need to first check to see if the phone is compatible before buying it, transferring your number, or cancelling your current service. To do this, you will need the phone’s MEID (and possibly the SIM card’s ICCID). These are simple to find within your phone's menu. This help desk article will help you learn how to find your MEID. You then enter this information into our phone compatibility tool to confirm it will work.
Please note: A lot of individuals and small companies that sell phones will say "the phone is unlocked to use with any carrier". This doesn't mean that the phone will actually work with every carrier. Regardless of whether the phone is "unlocked" or not, some phones were manufactured to only work on a specific network. Use this article as a guide, but to be safe, it is always best to check the MEID of the phone using our phone compatibility tool before you make the purchase.
Sprint, Boost, and Virgin Mobile Phones:
Just about any phone from these carriers could be ready to go with Twigby. However, it depends on the rules each company has put in place for the phones they offer. You'll need to make sure the phone is not on an account with an outstanding balance or has remaining time left on a contract. Simply use our phone compatibility tool, and it will let you know if the phone will work or not.
Non-Sprint Devices (these phone may work with Twigby assuming they are unlocked):
- AT&T, T-Mobile & Verizon: IDOL 5
- Many iPhones are compatible with Twigby regardless of the carrier for which they originated. The model numbers (that start with an "A") should be compatible as long as they are unlocked. However, to ensure compatibility, go to our phone compatibility tool and enter your phone's MEID or IMEI.
- 5C (A1456, A1532), 5S (A1453, A1533), SE (A1662, A1723), 6 (A1549, A1586), 6+ (A1522, A1524), 6S (A1633, A1688), 6S+ (A1634, A1687), 7 (A1660), 7+ (A1661), 8 (A1863), 8+ (A1864), X (A1865) and XS (A1920, A1921).
- AT&T, T-Mobile & Verizon: S1
- AT&T, T-Mobile & Verizon: PH-1
- AT&T & Verizon: Nexus 5
- AT&T, T-Mobile & Verizon: Nexus 5x, Nexus 6, Nexus 6P, Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2XL
- AT&T, T-Mobile & Verizon: X Pure Edition, G4, G4 Play, G4 Plus, G5 Plus, G5S Plus, E4, E4 Plus, G6, G6 Play, Z2 Play, Z3 Play, X4
- AT&T, T-Mobile & Verizon: Wonder
- AT&T, T-Mobile & Verizon: Galaxy S7 SE, Galaxy S7 Edge SE, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8 Plus, Galaxy S8 Plus SE, Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy Note 8 SE, Galaxy S9 SE, Galaxy S9 Plus SE
Remember, the only way to completely ensure a phone’s compatibility with Twigby is to check the MEID with our phone compatibility tool.
Does my phone need to be unlocked?
- AT&T: If your phone is compatible, you can start the process of unlocking your AT&T phone here.
- T-Mobile: If your phone is compatible, you can start the process of unlocking your T-Mobile phone here.
- Verizon: These phones do not need to be unlocked.
Other Compatibility Criteria:
Unlocked Phones from Apple
Most Apple phones since (and including) the iPhone 5c and 5s could be compatible. Earlier models have varying levels of compatibility with Twigby and in those cases you'll need to check using our phone compatibility tool.
Phones from Big Box Stores and Other Retailers
If you plan to purchase a phone at Best Buy, Walmart, or other retailer, it's probably made to run on one of the major networks. Refer to the major carrier list above for compatibility and unlocking information. Before purchasing a phone, use our phone compatibility tool to ensure compatibility.
Phones from Other Carrier (MVNOs)
If you're using a phone activated with an MVNO, refer to the corresponding major carrier above for compatibility information. If you're not sure of the major carrier, please use our phone compatibility tool. If the phone needs to be unlocked, you'll need to contact your MVNO directly.
Phones from Third-Party Seller
If you're purchasing a phone from a third-party seller such as Amazon, eBay, or even from a friend, refer to the corresponding carrier above for compatibility information. Please note that the only way to guarantee a phone's compatibility is to use the phone compatibility tool. We do not recommend purchasing phones from unverified third-party sellers or before you have had the opportunity to check the phone’s compatibility.
Feature or Non-Smart Phones
The carrier information above still applies, and our phone compatibility tool can confirm your phone’s compatibility. However, some feature phones have data settings that are hard coded and cannot be updated to make them fully compatible. In these situations, the phone will only be capable of voice calls and text messages.
If you feel your phone should be eligible to activate and you have a problem with the phone compatibility tool, please contact us by clicking the orange "Chat Now" button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. We are here to help you. To view our chat hours click here.
Please note: Some phones have been modified by their original carrier to hide or disallow certain settings, even after the phone has been unlocked. Therefore, all features and services on these phones may not be fully functional. Some customers choose to successfully modify the ROM (Read Only Memory) of the phones to restore functionality, but because of the risks of modifying your phone, we are unable to provide assistance with rooting or alternative ROMs.