Mobile Hotspot is a feature that lets you share your network connection with other devices so they can access the internet. Devices connect to your Mobile Hotspot using their Wi-Fi feature. This setup is also called tethering or internet sharing. Twigby provides the option to use Mobile Hotspot for no additional cost. Please remember that while connected, this will use and deduct data from your monthly plan. Unlike other providers, there are no speed restrictions while using hotspot at Twigby. Speeds will be the same as your phone.
Please note that Mobile Hotspot is not available on feature phones. If you have a feature phone, please do not try to add the service as it can cause problems.
Mobile Hotspot is available to use for most smartphones. Below are instructions on how to turn on Mobile Hotspot and connect a device to it.
How to turn Mobile Hotspot on in your phone settings:
- Go to the Settings of your smartphone
- Locate the Hotspot or Tethering option
- Turn on Hotspot or Tethering from there
Now that Mobile Hotspot is enabled on your phone, you will need to connect to Mobile Hotspot from the other device:
- Go to your device’s settings
- Look for your Mobile Hotspot network and connect to it
- If it asks for a password, the password is in the Mobile Hotspot settings of your Twigby phone
Additionally, you can also disable Mobile Hotspot. To do this within your account, follow the steps below:
- Log into your Twigby account
- Go to “ACCOUNT SETTINGS”. If you do not see it, tap on the orange menu icon . Then you will be able to choose "ACCOUNT SETTINGS"
- Scroll down to “LINE SETTINGS” and select the desired line from the drop-down menu (if you have multiple lines)
- Click on “Mobile Hotspot”
- Read the disclaimer and click "YES" or "NO" to confirm your selection
To enable Mobile Hotspot again, simply click on Mobile Hotspot and confirm your selection.
Having issues with Hotspot? To troubleshoot your issue, please make sure you are in an area with coverage. Then, follow these three steps while checking for success after each step is complete:
- Airplane Mode: Turn ON Airplane mode in your phone for 30 seconds. Then turn Airplane mode OFF and watch for the phone to get signal. When the phone has signal, see if Hotspot is working.
- Restart Phone: Simply power the phone off, wait a moment and then power it back on. Once the phone has signal, see if Hotspot is working.
- Reset Network Settings: From your phone, go to Settings, and locate Reset Network Settings or Reset Wi-Fi, mobile, and Bluetooth (in some models). Perform this reset and then allow the phone to get signal again. Once signal is available, see if Hotspot is working.
If the above does not work, please chat with a Twigby live agent by clicking on the orange "Chat With Us" button at the bottom of the page.